Beginning January 1, 2018, the online system for an individual applicant to initiate and pay for state and federal background checks will require a “Verification Code.” The Verification Code must match the employer that is selected by the applicant. If there is not a match, the applicant will not be able to proceed with the background checks. This is being done in order to comply with FBI regulations.
Arkansas State, FBI, and Child Maltreatment Central registry background checks are required for all license renewals or new hires. Click on each link below to complete all required paperwork and pay fees.
1. Child Maltreatment Central Registry - Follow directions on form and complete Stage 1,2, and 3.
Stage 1: Complete Request Form and sign electronically
Stage 2: Complete Online Payment
2. www.ar.gov/ADEbackground - Pay fee of $38.25 using debit or credit card only. You MUST print receipt and bring to CRESC in order to be fingerprinted.
3. Background Check Consent Form/Fingerprinting Request - Complete form online and bring form along with photo I. D. to CRESC in order to be fingerprinted.
4. For license renewals - Log in to start a license renewal application online at AELS Educator Login Site. The fee is $75 (online debit or credit card only) for a standard 5-year renewal.
5. MAKE A COPY OF ALL DOCUMENTS FOR YOUR PERSONAL RECORD!!!
Please contact Cathy Murrell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 870.578.5426 if you have any questions.
Steps for making a fingerprinting appointment:
If you have had a fever, are experiencing at least one of these symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, respiratory infection, sore throat, or if you have been exposed to the virus please do not proceed in making an appointment.
Schedule your appointment.
Once you arrive at the co-op, park on the North side of the parking lot.
Before getting out of your car, call 870-578-5426 and let them know you are here. They will let you know when they are ready for you.
Wash your hands before being fingerprinted.
All of your paperwork must be completed before coming to CRESC. You must bring printed paperwork and your drivers license to your appointment in order to be admitted. Electronic versions are not accepted at this time.
PRINTED PAPERWORK TO BRING:
Printed receipt where you paid the $38.25.
Printed background consent form
Printed Drivers License
NO DIGITAL INFORMATION WILL BE TAKEN.
If you do not have this paperwork printed we will not be able to do your background check. You will need to reschedule your appointment.